Thursday, 5 February 2015

My Makeup Essentials


These are the staple items I always have in my makeup bag. And If I'm in a rush then these are the items I grab and know work, as well as suit me.


I'll start with face first, and I always use Rimmel London's Wake Me Up Concealer in Ivory 001. This is amazing because it gets rid of dark circles under eyes so well. I also use it around my nose as I have a lot of redness around that area. It blends really well and even out my skin tone amazingly.

I then like to use Barry M Natural Dazzle Matte Bronzer. This is great for contouring and doesn't break the bank. It also has lasted months and I still haven't hit the pan. It is also great to use as eyeshadow on the crease of the lid for natural definition.

The blusher I use the most by far is Soap and Glory's Love at First Sight Blush in the colour Rosy-Radiance Shimmer Powder. This is a very shimmery blusher which is what I love about it. You don't need to use too much either to get a gorgeous rosy cheek with a hint of shimmer. This blusher is £11 which I consider quite a lot for one item but it has lasted ages and you do not need to use too much.

To set my makeup in place I like to use Rimmel London's Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder in Transparent 001. This is a classic which I always hear being recommend by other bloggers and its true it sets makeup in place for hours. It also doesn't look caked on and doesn't break the bank so its a win win all round.


Next I'll talk about eyes, a great base or just as a quick eye look is to use Maybelline New York's 24hr Colour Tattoo Gel-Cream eyeshadow in 35- On and on Bronze. I love this cream eyeshadow it's easy to apply and completely transforms your look. It looks great on someone with blue eyes as well. It also isn't expensive at all, and is an all round great buy!

The mascara I have used for years is No7's Intense Volume in Black. Its a classic for me, it has a natural bristle mascara wand that I prefer to plastic ones. It's not too expensive and normally lasts me about 6 months or longer.

For eyeliner I like to use L'oreal Paris Super Liner Perfect Slim in Black. This eyeliner achieves the best wing liner look. It's comes out extremely black and is easy to apply. 

Finally my classic lip colour is to use the Revlon Colorburst Balm Stain in Honey Douce 001. It's is a nude pink colour and is slightly sheer. It completes any makeup look and smells of peppermint which I quite like. I would definitely recommend having this is your makeup bag.

I hope this might give you ideas of what to try out in your own makeup collections. I'll link all the items down below.

Rimmel London's Wake Me Up Concealer http://www.boots.com/en/Rimmel-Wake-Me-Up-Concealer_1253837/



Rimmel London's Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder http://www.boots.com/en/Rimmel-Stay-Matte-Pressed-Powder_1015573/

Maybelline New York's 24hr Colour Tattoo Gel-Cream eyeshadow http://www.feelunique.com/p/Maybelline-New-York-Color-Tattoo-24hr-Gel-Cream-Eyeshadow




Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment