Sunday, 26 July 2015

Make Up | Blue Eyeliner Look


Hey guys, so today I thought I would share with you a fun blue eyeliner look. This look would be great for a festival, as it is so fun and bright. I think it is a playful alternative to the classic black wingliner look.

To create this look I started by moisturising my face with The Body Shop's Aloe Soothing Gel, which I find is the perfect base before applying my make up. Next I put Rimmel's Wake Me Up concealer in 001 Ivory under my eyes, round my nose and on my chin. This helps to even out my skin tone, as I do suffer from some redness. After that I took my bronzer by Barry M and contoured slightly, and then generally put it everywhere that the sun would hit my face. I wanted to create a really sunkissed look on my skin, while allowing my freckles to still show through.

I know I haven't show the product in the picture below, but I applied Maybeline's Satin Brow in Medium Brown to my eyebrows. This added subtle definition to them and framed my face.

Once I had done my face, I moved on to the all important blue liner look. I started by covering my eyelid in the shade Foxy in my Naked 2 palette by Urban Decay. This was so I had a lovely matte base before applying the liner. I also popped a bit of the shade Tease into the crease of my eyelid for some definition. And then I turned to applying my blue eyeliner, I used Rimmel's Exaggerate Retractable eye pencil in the colour 240 Aqua Sparkle. I started by creating a line along my top lashes, and then began to wing this out at the corners as well as taking it under the eye. Once I had applied it I then smudged it into place, and then added another layer before smudging it slightly again. By doing this in two layers it created a very intense line. Next to add even more definition I took an angled brush and applied the shade Black Out along the top lash line.

Once I was happy that the liner was all blended into place I finished it off with a new mascara I purchased recently by Rimmel called Wonder'full in black. And then last but not least I applied my favourite lipstick Soap & Glory's Motherpucker Gloss Stick in Nudist. I used this lipstick as it doesn't take away from the eyes.

And that is how I created this blue liner look! I hope you have enjoyed reading and that I have inspired you try out a bright liner!


No comments:

Post a Comment