Wednesday, 7 October 2015

Life | The Goodwood Revival


I recently got the opportunity to go to the Goodwood Revival event in Chichester, West Sussex. My lovely boyfriend lives in Chichester I have heard about the many events which happen at Goodwood and this year I finally got to go to one!

This event is all about vintage, vintage clothes and vintage cars. The main eras you can choose to dress as are 1940's, 1950's and 1960's. I am a lover of the 50's so it was a no brainer for me and the look I went for was an Audrey Hepburn inspired look.

The dress I am wearing is from Elsie's Attic, click here for the link . This site has many different styles of vintage dresses to choose from. I am also wearing an organza petty coat underneath to emphasise my skirt. Once I had chosen my dress for this event it was very easy to style my hair and make up around it.

The photographs below show a close up of my make up and I have photographed all the products I used that day to create my 1950's make up look.




A lot of the products you can see above are my staple items I have spoken about before. I wanted to create a clean and contoured look with highlights on the top of my cheeks. I also wanted to get my eyebrows just right as in the 1950's and especially for Hepburn, women loved to really emphasise the arch of their brows.

For this look it was all about the clean red vibrant lip and the striking eyes. I used L'oreal Super liner to create a very big flick on my lids, and then to emphasise my eyes even more I used Tanya Burr Cosmetic's Bambi Eyelashes. I also used Tanya Burr Cosmetic's Eyebrow kit as eyeshadow, to create definition in the crease of my lid before applying my eyeliner.

For my lips I used something new, Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in shade 08 Grand Cru. This is a matte liquid lipstick, I lined my lips with my Barry M lipliner to make sure my red lips didn't bleed. Perfect lipstick for this look, it's a dark red which suits me better than an orange red. I will fully review this lip product in a future post.

The day was absolutely amazing, I was transported back in time. I would recommend going next year if you can!

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment