Sunday, 27 March 2016

Make Up | Glam Look

Today, I thought I would share a go to glam look of mine.

This look is your classic wing liner and dark red lip look. I used affordable (except the eyeshadow palette) make up to create this look. I'm going to first explain what I used on my face and then my brows, eyes and lips.


On my face I first primed with The Body Shop InstaBlur primer. This is a go to primer of mine and it really holds my make up in place for a long time. I then took a new item All Is Calm Kick Ass Concealer by Soap&Glory. I used this on the red blemishes on my face, it is also great to use on any spots. I tend to take my finger and light blend it a litte before applying foundation.

Then I took a BB cream for my foundation, I recently bought Garnier Skin Naturals BB Cream Original Miracle Skin Perfector All-in-One in Extra Light. I use to use the Light version of this but found it to be too dark for my pale skin tone. Garnier recently brought out an Extra Light version which is perfect for pale skin. This is a great light foundation and it moisturisers at the same time. Sometimes, I apply and blend with my hands alone, other times I use a flat top brush. It's great I recommend giving it a go plus smells lovely.

I then concealed under my eyes with my trusty Wake Me Up Concealer by Rimmel in 001 Ivory. I next used Lasting Perfection Concealer by Collection in Fair 1, on any redness still showing. I did find despite using the green concealer it does still need a matt concealer over the top.

I then set this with One Heck of A Blot Powder by Soap&Glory. I contour with Collection's Contour Kit in shade Light. This is great for a light contour on pale skin. It's very natural and adds just enough colour. Finally on the face I use Tanya Burr's face palette in Peachy Glow. I use the bronzer lightly all over my face with a big fluffy brush. Then use the blush on my Zoeva highlight brush and then I apply the highlight with my ring finger.

This creates the perfect natural glowing face!


Now for my brows, eyes and lips. I first tend to apply my brows with Soap&Glory's Archery Brow pencil in Hot Chocolate. I then set with the Transparent Brow Drama by Maybelline. I then take my eye primer InstaBlur Eye by The Body Shop. I place this all over my lid. I then apply from my Naked 2 palette by Urban Decay, the shade Verve all over my lid, then Suspect over the outer half and finally Snakebite in the crease. I normally also use Foxy to highlight my brow bone and Bootycall in my inner corner.

For eyeliner I used a new liner I bought recently, Soap&Glory Supercat Eyeliner in Carbon Black. When I first looked at the nib of the pen it's quite chunky but working with it slowly it is very easy to apply. A very intense black too, which is great. I created quite a small classic wing with this liner, nothing too big.

For mascara another newby, Thick & Fast HD Mascara by Soap&Glory. I love this mascara, the brush is a great shape and its a very intense black. Its a great mascara to layer with. The packaging is beautiful too much like most of the Soap&Glory products.

Finally I applied a dark red Lipstick by Rimmel a Kate Moss Matte Long Lasting one in 107. This is a dark red with berry tones looks great in the wintery months and autumn in particular.

And that's my go to glam look for you! I hope this gives you some ideas of what to try out next.

If you have any suggestions for me feel free to comment, it's much appreciated.

Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment